It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Retro Post

7/11/2006
Stranger to the rain...
This morning it has been pouring rain. I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to play "I'm No Stranger to the Rain" by Keith Whitley. This song was one of the biggest hits a poor boy from Kentucky would have. In 1986 he married a rising star, Lorrie Morgan, which turned out to be a big mistake. He died of alcohol poisoning on May 8, 1989.

I digress, my post is not about Keith Whitley. It is about us being in a severe drought in Illinois. The only exception is extreme southern Illinois. So right now I am rejoycing in the rain. We have had less than 1.1 inches of rain from June 1st to this date. You might say we are a "Stranger to the Rain.' So even though I have to grocery shop today in the rain I will be watching my tomatoes, green and lima beans and peppers grow. This is all we have in the garden. I thank our next door neighbor for planting for us. God knew what he was doing when he invented neighbors. What would we do without them?

Jim has not been feeling well the last couple of days. We see the onlcologist tomorrow. I imagine his blood count is dropping.

I spent yesterday cleaning for our expected influx of relatives.

"I'm No Stranger to the Rain."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)