It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Retro Post

8/19/2006
Saturday...
Today was a better one for Jim. He felt better and the cough seems to be going away. The effects of this chemotherapy have been horrendous. My heart aches when I can't make him feel better.

He felt well enough to ride with me to do a bit of shopping today. I visited the Card Shop where I got just a little bit aggravated. Jim waited for me in the car while I chose several greeting cards. I took them to the front of the store to be checked out. There were 5 clerks there and they were all blowing up orange and blue balloons. I waited about 5 minutes to be checked out; each of the clerks seeing me there but ignoring me. Finally one came up to half-heartedly wait on me. I realize it is more fun blowing up balloons but I had Jim waiting for me in the car and I didn't want to be in the store overnight.

As the clerk was checking me out she started carrying on a conversation with another person. I told her if she felt she was too busy to wait on me just to say so and I would be happy to leave. Thankfully that shut her mouth and she finished ringing up my purchase.

Question: Do young people (this clerk was young) realize when they are being rude? Sadly this is the norm rather than a once in a while happening.

And that is my rant for the day. The students at the UI were moving back on campus this wknd and I imagine the balloons were for a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)