It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Retro Post

August 2006.

Rambling thoughts...
Wednesday, but who's counting...

When I was working we called Wednesday 'hump day' because the work week was half done. Thursday was 'kaka day,' Sure Happy It's Thursday. Of course Friday was T.G.I.F. day. You knew all of these things, didn't you?

When you are retired the days all run together. Especially during illness. I might look at Jim or he look at me and ask what day of the week it is. This year I have lost track of the months of April, May, June, July and now August. Jim has been in the hospital so many times I have lost count. To find out I would have to look in my daily journal that I try to update weekly.

This summer has been extremely hot and dry. Our rain total for June, July and August is about 2 1/2 inches. The grass is turning brown. The flowers are dying, mostly because I haven't kept them watered. Our water bill averages $50 a month for just the two of us. Our neighbors who have kids at home average $100 or more a month for water. This does not include garbage pickup which is $26 a month. Don't believe anyone who says it is cheaper to live in a little bitty town. Not so!!

John is still hanging on via life support on Y&R. As soon as the final family member gets there they will pull the plug. Sharon has been rescued from the kidnappers and Brad killed both kidnappers. Gotta love my soap. This is the only one I watch.

Jim and I head off after lunch to get his shot and a blood count. Sure hope and pray things are looking better for him.

I am typing this through Windows Live Spaces. Download it and try it. I really like it. Thanks Cheryl for telling us about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)