It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Retro Post 12/19/2006

12/19/2006
I am trying...
I am trying so hard to put things in their proper order and try to get on with my life. The least little thing brings tears to my eyes. I went out to start the truck a few days ago and there was Jim's slouch hat laying on the driver's side. That just about finished me off. A few days before he died he had me help him to the truck as he wanted to drive it one last time. He did drive around town for about 10 minutes and then we had to come home as he was tired. He left his hat laying in the seat. I will have to get the truck cleaned out to sell one of these days but I hate so to move the hat.

On the Saturday before he died he had me get out decorations for the window, the Christmas tree and the fiber optic angels. I was tired and wanted to wait until the next day to do it. However, I did get them out and he put the lights up around the window and put up the Christmas tree. I couldn't force myself to turn on those lights until last night at which time I lit the angels, window and tree. I figured I owed that much to Jim as he had gone to so much effort to do a little bit of decorating. If you have read my blog at Christmas you know he so loved to decorate the whole outside with so many lights it was blinding. I sat down in his chair and just looked at them. It was beautiful!

I am still trying to get all legal aspects tied up. There have been so many things to do it has boggled my mind. I am not in the blogging spirit right now so forgive me if my posts are sporadic. I will be back to posting and visiting regularly when my mind settles down.

Wishing you all a blessed Christmas.

1 comment:

  1. HI Beth,
    I just had to put a comment here, tears are running down my cheeks, and I do so want to reach out and hug you...but as advanced as this technological age is, we haven't progressed as far as touching through the screen!!....but ((hugs)) anyway. No words can help, as I found when my Mother died in 2004, no words. just an emotion of loss and a knowing she's there in my heart...as Jim is there in yours. xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)