It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, July 2, 2010

Retro Post

9/19/2006
Tuesday...
Yesterday we saw the oncologist again. All of Jim's counts are at rock bottom. I have been giving him the nupogen shots everyday for the last 5 days. He has 2 more of those shots. He got procrit in the doctor's office.

The doctor explained the chemo that he had given to Jim. He called it 'Salvage Chemo' or last resort. He said it was the strongest regimen that he gave, I looked it up on the Internet. I found one study that had 86% of the patients who had Salvage Chemo for lymphoma had some type of remission. The doctor told us 50/50. It is hard to keep our spirits up and be positive. I have to be positive!!

It was chilly last night and the high for today is to be in the 50's. I love the fall of the year. The trees are turning (except for the ones the Japanese beetles defoliated). I still haven't finished removing the bean vines from the fence in the garden. That is on my 'to do' list.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)