I am not fond of zucchini cooked as a vegetable but it makes a really good bread or cake. Recipe from Cooks.com.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Lightly grease and flour three 9 inch round cake pans.
- In a medium size bowl combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, white sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- In another bowl beat eggs, vegetable oil, and 1 teaspoon vanilla together. Pour into egg mixture into the flour mixture and mix well. Stir in the shredded zucchini. Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake at 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) for 25 minutes. Allow cakes to cool in pans. Stack and frost into a 3 layer cake using Cream Cheese Frosting.
- To Make Frosting: Cream together the cream cheese, butter or margarine. Add the confectioner's sugar, a little at a time. Add 2 teaspoons vanilla and mix well. Spread on cool cake layers.