It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

The sun is trying..

to come out.  The temperature is 55 degrees, the wind is blowing and the furnace has been running off and on all day. We were supposed to have a new driveway started yesterday but nothing happened.  It did rain most of the day to be fair to the contractor.  No rain so far today and no sign of the contractor.  We have to park in the street until the work is completed and for one week afterwards until it is completely dry.  They will not be using the fast drying cement we were told.  The street is rather crowded and moving the car to go somewhere is iffy as your parking spot is gone when you get back.  Oh well, and so is life, iffy that is.

I am still feeling sluggish from an over indulgence of good food and ice cream cake.  It is a good thing that birthdays only come once a year.

I have been reading about the 14 year old boy (Jamie Rodemeyer) in Buffalo who hung himself.  http://abcnews.go.com/Health/gay-buffalo-teen-commits-suicide-eve-national-bullying/story?id=14571861  He was gay and had been bullied for several years.  This breaks my heart to read this.  Why are some people so cruel?  Do the children learn this  intolerance and hatred of others in their homes?  Sadly many adults are bigoted  and hateful regarding the lifestyles of others.  It would serve everyone well to remember that we are all God’s children.

ht_jamey_rodemeyer_dm_110921_wg (1)

Jamie Rodemeyer

 

I have done 2 loads of laundry today and that is just about it.  I am thinking about bundling up and going for a walk.  You all stay safe and be happy!!

Red heart  Beth

8 comments:

  1. I was stuck when they were repaving the street here, For some reason they paved 4 miles all at ONCE which kept those who had no driveways parked in their yard for over a MONTH! That was so stupid of the streets dept.

    Jusr came back from therapy. OW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sis..sure hope they get the job done soon..I mean the way the weather is seems hard to imagine them doing it now. Blacktopping probably would have been better. Very blustery here and feels like end of October. Hope we still will get some warm days yet. Summer was very short this year here. Still packing..will be glad when it's done. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the inconveniences we must deal with at times. I hope they get it done soon for you.

    Sadly I do think they learn it in the home and spread it to others. Children are not born with this hate. If they didn't learn it there we would never have such atrocities and sadness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's still pretty nice around here but it will end soon.
    I do think many kids learn this behavior at home.
    I still want some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The parking situation sounds like the way the contractor who plows our street (I should say sometimes plows) operates. When there's a big storm forecast we park off the street and the plow rarely shows up. At other times we only get a few inches and the fool shows up to bury every car on the street! I think he brings extra snow with him in case there isn't enough to do a proper job of burying cars.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sadly, I think a lot of those kids learn prejudice and disrespect at home or have no guidance at all and then become susceptible to gang mentality. And the anonymous cyber bullying is extra easy vile cowardice with, apparently, no consequences. Maybe they should start tracking down the venomous bullies and making some legal consequences. It breaks my heart, too. We are all God's children.

    I hope you get your driveway done soon--and that you went for a walk in this beautiful fall weather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mystery of schedules for contractors is something I don't ever seem to understand. It seem it's not about the size of the project particularly either...it's a thing that has a mind of its own. I knew a friend in high school that committed suicide...terrible and tragic. It left a void for many of us and I still remember it vividly. I hope you get things done soon my friend...it's been quite summer like here...but I don't think that would move the project any quicker even if it was the same there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad to see this article about Jaimie too. Bullying is still so prevalent in our society today. I would only hope that today's generation will not tolerate it and step in to help those who cannot help themselves. Keeping my fingers crossed that your driveway will be done before winter sets in!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)