It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Sunday, February 5, 2012

44

days to go on the countdown to Spring.  It is beyond gorgeous out today with bright sunshine and 37 degrees.  Just a lovely day to be alive.  I have been out in the sunshine and ventured to the 24 hour Walgreens where they are always busy and call me Mrs. D.

There is hardly any breeze right now and if that continues to be so I am taking a walk in the cemetery after lunch.  I have been asked so many times if it bothers me, living across from a cemetery.  The answer is NO, not at all.  We need to be aware of the living, the dead can’t hurt us.  It is so peaceful walking there.  It is a huge cemetery and I have only covered a small portion of it.  Some of the stones are awesome and some of them tell a sad story.

This is Super Bowl Sunday.  I am not into football.  Jim tried many times through the years to educate me.  lol  He was such a football fan as he played football and lettered in it all 4 years in high school.  I understand nothing about it.  I do watch part of it for the commercials and I will admit some of the players are hunks.  I will be cheering for Boston Boy’s team.  I hope that doesn’t jinx them.

Not much on the agenda today.  No family cooking as I have to watch what I eat for today and tomorrow until I have the stress test done on Tuesday.  Then Wednesday is a dental appointment.  YUCK!!!

I hope you are all having a good day.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

9 comments:

  1. Same to you! Hope your day is filled with fun stuff and good healthy eating too. Grab a book or an old movie and a box of tissues and ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "We need to be aware of the living, the dead can’t hurt us." Truer words were never spoken. It is a beautiful day isn't it! I'll be taking some more of the kids things to their apartment so that will be my exercise today. Enjoy your walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cheering for the commercials. NFL means nothing to me. College football is all I care about. call me a grinch. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Lovely Beth sounds like a smashing day there , a relaxing walk can't beat it. Weather here hasn't been too bad either pleased to say , so Wile-e is happy to venture out. 9 th December that date you wanted Beth.
    Hugs Sheila and Wile-e enjoy your Sunday xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't watch, either. Even if I know they have the best commercials during the Super Bowl--hehe! Have a great day and good luck with the tests this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like walking through cemeteries, the older the better, we have two very old churches near us with cemeteries attached, some stones are so old you can't read the lettering. hugs XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Remember doing it as a kid. Haven't done it nor have a desire to as an adult. Funny how one changes....

    have a blessed week.
    rhapsody
    http://rappingonamelody.blogspot.com/
    http://www.shelfari.com/rhapsodyphoenix

    ReplyDelete
  8. We read headstones when we go visit our dads' graves. It is interesting, and here in our hometown, we often see people we knew from when we were young. I wouldn't be afraid of the cemetery, but it just seems like it would be depressing to live next to one as a constant reminder of the inevitable. I know it would bother me that way. Have a wonderful time watching the commercials....we love the VW ad with the dog trying to get through the doggie door, then losing weight so he could chase the new VW. Funny.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It was a warmish, sunny day down here too...opened the windows for a little while, but not too long--cooled off fast. lol

    Good luck at the dentist--I need to go too...I need to go see about the knee too, but not today. lol


    Getting on to sleeping time....hope your day was grand!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)