It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, April 6, 2012

Frosty morning…

here in the heart of central Illinois.  The temp is a sunny 35 right now and to get in the mid 60s today.  There was patchy frost here this morning but no hard freeze like was predicted.  The furnace has been running this morning and it is warm in the house.

I have been invited to go with my daughter and son in law to my SIL’s brothers home to eat on Easter Sunday.  That will be fun to watch the little kids hunt the Easter treats.  I will be taking macaroni and cheese and some other unknown thing (yet to be decided) with me.

I haven’t decided yet what I want to do today.  There are 14 garage sales listed in the Pekin paper today.  I don’t know the city well enough to go out hunting them. I do know my way around well enough now to find my way home if I get lost.  When I first moved here I got lost a lot. 

Easter Sunday(April 8) is my son’s birthday. We had his celebration last week when he came home.  I will miss seeing him on his birthday.

I hope you all have a nice day.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

14 comments:

  1. Hope you have a wonderful time watching the kids and celebrating with family.Cold here this morning too..I am afraid after last night most of the ground growing plants that weren't covered are toast. Heat still on here too. Have a wonderful Easter weekend Sis
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful to see a comment from you!! Happy Easter to you all too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is cold here too! I got spoiled with all the unseasonably warm weather we've been having! I had to turn our furnace on, because the house had gotten down to 64 degrees! I like going to garage sales too, but I don't make it to many of them.

    Happy Birthday to your son! His birthday is the same day as Carleigh's Angel-versary! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice way to spend Easter.
    Happy Easter to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a beautiful time with your family Beth...let us know what other goodies you are bringing!
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you tried to find a city map that printed up and for sale maybe in a service station (gas station)? If one is available, it would help you out a lot. I need one for just driving around our city because I hardly ever cross the river to be on the East Side. Happy Easter dear friend. Hope you have an enjoyable day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy easter Twin. You are going to have a wonderful day. I may ask Katie here if I can hitch a ride on her and have her race up to where you are so we can go too. We promise we'll behave. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blessings, have a great day and wonderful Easter with your family

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter Beth! Your Easter sounds yummy and fun. Rummage sales are giving me the yurning for the season.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Easter, Beth.

    My daughter's birthday was yesterday and for the first time in many years, the family that is here got to spend it with her. I brought Chocolate cake with Bavarian creme filling, from a local bakery. It's a family favorite. Beach Gal Bertie

    ReplyDelete
  11. so hard to think of hitting the garage sales when there's so much junk I need to clean out before I bring anything in. You have a lovely view out your front door.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope you went to the garage sales, that sounds fun!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)