It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Monday, January 14, 2013

The ice man did come…

and he deposited about a 1/2  inch thickness of ice all over my car.  I worked on it yesterday for about and hour and then for another hour this morning.  I had to be able to see out the windows as I had a doctor appointment in Peoria this morning.  Next Monday I have another appointment with a different  doctor.  I am hoping that we don’t get any bad weather next weekend.  It was 9 degrees when I got up this morning . The sun is shining brightly now and it is up to 21 degrees.

I can tell you one thing,  I am getting to old to be scraping ice.  The car was running for over half an hour before I could even begin to get any of it off.  I am so ready for spring.  Bring it on!  Please note the new countdown to spring widget that I have at the top of my right hand column.

Now I am worn out so I am not planning on doing anything the rest of the afternoon.

For the person who asked what I was reading:  It is The Perfect Love Song by Patti Callahan Henry.  I am just getting started on it but I think it will be pretty good.  Nothing like John Sandford’s books of course but then we can’t have everything.  I have read all of Sandford’s books and a few of them I have read twice.  I love that guy!!

*****************************************

Book Description of The Perfect Love Song

Publication Date: October 12, 2010

Jimmy Sullivan has been living on the road with his brother, Jack, and his band The Unknown Souls. Without a place to call home, Jimmy and Jack lead a nomadic life filled with music and anonymous cities. When they return to a place Jimmy never wants to see again—their old hometown of Seaboro, South Carolina—he falls in love with Charlotte Carrington.

With his soul now filled with hope, Jimmy writes his first love song. When he performs it at a holiday concert to a standing ovation, the lyrics are dubbed the “Perfect Love Song,” so much so that Jimmy finds himself going on tour with famous country music stars, catapulted into a world where the trappings of fame and fortune reign supreme.

All too soon, the hope that had once inspired Jimmy to write such beautiful, genuine lyrics is overshadowed by what the song can do for him and his career. In his thirst for recognition, he agrees to miss Jack’s wedding in Ireland to sing at a Christmas Eve concert. And his ties to Charlotte seem to be ever so quickly slipping away.

Alone in New York City on Christmas Eve, Jimmy finally sees—with the help of a Christmas miracle or two—that his material gains are nothing compared to love, that he is losing all that really matters in his life. Is it too late to find his way to Ireland, to his brother, and to love?

***********************

Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

24 comments:

  1. Oh Sis I wondered if you were getting hit with this ice stuff.. several people here covered their windshields with cardboard in anticipation of it being bad. It was not too bad but the streets and roads kept freezing over. Several schools were closed also. Just snow now and very cold. Hope you stay warm and well this week and all your appts turn out fine. Take care of yourself.. XoXO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh!!! I hate this weather! We had the same stuff in Tucson for the past 3 days!!! I don't like this with our plants. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a terrible chore! I hope you don't have to worry about that next time you have to head out.

    I am trying to become familiar with this new computer. I'm not sure when I'll be posting again.:-) xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  4. OHHH thanks for that description I will have to check that one out!!

    I hope it warms up for you! That is a lot of work for you to have to do :(. My prayers are with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Beth, you are getting the cold.. We're having rain and more rain with a chance of it turning over to ice.. You stay warm and be careful on the ice.. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. wish i had been up there to help you chip your car free! i could have used a good frustration workout this morning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Beth,

    Spring cannot come quick enough for me. We have snow, we have ice and we have more to come. Looks like I will be in for most of week, if not all.

    Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope you get a bit of a warm up. That is a lot of ice.
    Be careful out there, I was so afraid I was going to hit some ice and fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like good reading to me! Spring cannot come fast enough for me- I am sorry you had to deal with all that ice. We normally get lots of snow but not so much ice- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh man...ice. I dread that more than snow or anything. Scared to death of it. I hate to think of you out there getting to the car to scrape!! Right now we have buckets of rain. Probably going to be 4 inches total for these 2 days. Ten or so days of rain. Oh how I wish I could see the sun,

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth, I'm sorry you were hit with ice. That's the worst. I'm ready for spring to be here too. I hope you enjoy your book. It sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh ice, that is not fun. I walk in any weather but NOT ice. Hope you're thawed out by now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so sorry about the ice and your car, Beth. I hope you get a good night's sleep and that the sun shines on you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We got pelted with some serious sleet here in KY this evening but it seems to have let up for now.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I hope that's the end of the ice for you! Spring can't come soon enough.
    That sounds like a good book your reading.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Beth! I wish you had a nice neighbor who would go scrape the ice off your car for you!! (I would do it, if I lived nearby!) But, I'm a weakling and it would take me just as long, I think! LOL....Have you ever tried putting cardboard over your front windshield when ice or snow is predicted? It really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  17. We got ice here, too. My husband has a plastic blanket to put over his window. It's a big help. I hate to think of you having to scrape your windshield.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hate the thought of you dealing with ice in the cold temps. Wish I were close enough to help you.
    Hope you have a restful night.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have never lived anywhere but here in Central Texas, and we don't get a lot of ice, so I am no expert, but what about de-icer? Does that work on ice there? I wouldn't leave home without it when they are predicting freezing rain or sleet or snow here. It works so quickly with my defroster running in the car.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope your appointment went well. Stay safe and warm. Books are wonderful, especially when it is bad weather and you need to stay inside. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ice is so hard to drive on and function in. Hope you stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ice I just loath it won't drive in it , hope you staying warm. All stocked up just in case.
    Hugs Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. We're waiting on the most dreaded ice by tomorrow morning. I prefer snow. Stay safe and warm.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I wonder what it would be like to find ice over my car not going to happen anytime soon since it doesn't get that cold here.....and at the moment it is stinking bloody hot......lol

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)