It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Boston’s Finest…

I am not a fan of reality shows unless of course if you would count the Arias trial a reality show.  There is a fairly new reality show called Boston’s Finest which airs on Wednesday night at 8 PM CST on TNT.  It is real stories with real policemen set in Boston.  Donnie Wahlberg  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donnie_Wahlberg is the narrator of the show.  He is a favorite of mine.  He was born in Dorchester Massachusetts so he has the perfect New England accent. 

donnie-wahlberg

One very interesting fact about Wahlberg is that he was a member of New Kids on the Block in the 80s.  At present he is a featured cast member on Blue Bloods which airs on Friday nights on CBS.


But, getting back to Boston’s Finest.  I am fascinated by this show.  http://www.tntdrama.com/series/bostons-finest/?SR=Boston%27s_Finest  I am enjoying viewing the scenery (houses, etc.) which is a far cry from central Illinois.  

One of my oldest blogging buddies is from near Boston and this was one of the reasons I decided to watch the show.  I realize that Boston is actually one of the safest cities in the US,  For example, not like Peoria IL where there were 3 gun related deaths in the last 2 weeks.  Now that is scary and there are parts of Peoria that I don’t want to be in during the daytime, let alone at night.

So, if you are bored and want to catch the last episode in this series, tune in TNT this coming Wednesday and give it a watch.  Perhaps you will catch a glimpse of the ‘Big Dig Bridge’ which I have seen on several of the episodes.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Dig

I feel sure my friend Paul will correct me if I have made mistakes in this post.  Winking smile

Have a good weekend.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

23 comments:

  1. My great aunt married a man from Dorchester Mass. and lived there for many years. I loved visiting and listening to Uncle Lonnie's accent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe I can catch it on line..as we don't get that channel. I like reality based shows that are REAL..not made up.. Survivor is one I like..and Deadliest Catch is another.. Hope your weekend goes well take care of you... XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember Kids on the Block! Hey love your new header too and side bars. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Beth for the recommendation, I do believe that is a program that I would like. I've always enjoyed cop shows - reality or not - and emergency room shows.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have TNT, but we went to Boston once and had a wonderful time. I thought it was a beautiful city. Everywhere we went people made a fuss over Favorite Young Man's red hair (he was only 3 or 4). Maybe they thought he was Irish.

    Love,
    Janie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Always good to find a nice new show. The Walking Dead is done until October so I just might be in the market for a new one to watch...if I could pry myself from Netflix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The last police like show I watched was Hill Street Blues..I thin k 25 yrs ago!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I do watch a couple of reality shows - The Biggest Loser and American Idol(when they begin to choose the top ten). It has been a long time since we watched any police shows. Dragnet comes to mind, and that was ages ago!

    I might mention that we made one very quick trip into Boston over ten years ago, and I want very much to go for a longer time!

    We are having a beautiful day here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth

    We are set for the hottest day of the year tomorrow, so looking forward to that.

    Hope you sunday is good.

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  10. Will try to catch the show you write about. Hope it is interesting. Thanks for recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth, There is a lot of beautiful things to see in Boston. I love seeing the houses and streets too. I'll have to try to catch this program. I had a great day today, although it was plenty cold. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. No mistakes Beth. I guess the Zakim Bridge is now the new recognisable landmark in the city. The finished product of the "big dig" as it was called has changed the face of Boston but it took a long time and ballooned in cost from the initial, I'm sort of making up these numbers, 2.8 billion to over 15 billion. It ran over the course of many years and was quite a mess for a long time. Still Boston has come a long way in the last 50 years
    I'm ashamed to say I have not watched the show. I will check out clips on youtube and report on Wallberg's accent.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Guess I'll have to look into that show. I'm not one to watch much reality tv. DWTS being the only one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. we watch blue bloods!! a friends daughter plays tom sellecks grandaughter on the show. she plays nicki, her stage name is sami gayle!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the girl who plays Nicki is so cute. It has been fun watching her go through the braces stage and ending up with such a beautiful smile. Love her haircut too!

      Delete
  16. A good blog Beth,
    have a good week ahead.
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Beth!
    I don't have cable TV, but I will look for it if it comes out on netflix. Sounds good!
    We're having a doozy of a snowstorm at the moment. I bet you can see your grass down where you are--LOL! Have a great week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am always on the lookout for new TV shows to watch so I will check this out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I remember NKOTB...our daughter loved them and her Daddy took her to see them in Knoxville, TN one time. I can't take the loudness!!! Thanks for the heads-up on the show!! HOPE you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)