It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Retro Post

4/28/2006
Another fine garage sale day...
Absolutely gorgeous day today. Bright sunshine and 74 degrees.

Jim and I were up early this morning. Another garage sale day. Places to go, people to see and things to buy.

I spent $2.25 today. Below is a list of the things I found:

1. Easy Listening Folk Music of the 60's & 70's (Reader's Digest 4 CD pkg) - 25 cents
2. Sweet & Lovely - The Sweet Bands' Most Romantic Hits (Reader's Digest 4 CD pkg) - 25 cents
3. Country Hit Parade - Disc 1 - 25 cents
4. Country Hit Parade - Disc 2 - 25 cents
5. Country Hit Parade - Disc 3 - 25 cents
6. Christmas Through the Years (Readers Digest 4 CD pkg) 25 cents
7. Bless This House - All-time Inspirational Favorites (Reader's Digest 4 CD pkg) 25 cents
8. That Christmas Feeling - Reader's Digest (unopened) 25 cents
9. A Collection of Sounds for the Holiday Season (unopened) 25cents

These CDs were like new. A young man was in charge of the sale. I would just imagine that his grandmother or an older member of his family (now departed) ordered all of these CDs from a place like Publisher's Clearing House just to enter their contests. I suspect that they never even got to listen to them as they are as new.
Made me kind of sad.

Jim and I stopped by Hometown Buffet to eat before we came home. I am just so very thankful to God that Jim is still with me and that we are able to enjoy time spent together!


***Today would have been my Dad and my sister Chris's birthday. They are gone from me now. I will always remember them with the greatest love. Miss you both!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)