It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Busy morning for a Saturday…

and I have been to a Christmas  Bazaar (I hope I spelled that right as the spell checker didn’t scream at me) at the hospital, a handmade quilt fair at the Miller Senior Center and topped it off by stopping by Kroger's where they were having their Christmas Appreciation Day.  My daughter and I did all of that this morning.  I got some lovely things, including a gorgeous little Christmas tree.  All things were pricey, but for a very good cause so I paid up without one single complaint.  I love Christmas bazaars.  It never fails to amaze me the talent that people have.  In my younger days I did a lot of crafts too, plus knitting and sewing and I am sorry to say I don’t do that much anymore.  I have located my knitting bag and lots of yarn.  The thought has crossed my mind to get a sewing machine too.  We shall see if these things come to pass.  Winking smile

003

002

Thank you all for your prayers for Angel.  I don’t have an update on her condition but I will have later this afternoon.  Rae (my sister) and her daughter have gone to the hospital this morning to see how she is.  Rae did talk with Angel last night and she was overwhelmed when she was told that prayers were being said for her all around the world.  Thank you all so much!!  Her accident remains a mystery as she was driving one of those cars (I will not mention the name) that has been plagued in the last year or so with sudden acceleration recalls.  One minute she was driving normally and the next minute she had been involved in an accident.

I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.  Kerrie (Australia) if you are reading this it is urgent that you send me an email as soon as possible. 

Red heart  Beth

13 comments:

  1. Your new tree is adorable, Beth! Have to say, when I read ALL the things you'd already done today, I gave serious consideration to taking a nap. Whew, you wore me out! Don't know how you did all that in one short morning. You are one ball 'o fire.
    I'll be checking back for the update on Angel. Isn't it wonderful that in the course of only a few minutes sooooo many people can/will/do pray for another. It's a major blessing for all.
    Beth, have I told you lately that I really appreciate you? Well, I do :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,

    Lovely christmas tree, you are urging me on to start thinking more about Christmas, I like bazaars too have served at a few in the past. Hope if Kerrie reads this she will contact you and me, if only with a few words. take care and have a great sunday - Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new tree..it seems right at home there on that table. Not visiting too many bazaars around here lately..I already have too many things around that need a new home. Hope your have a great weekened. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy, busy, aren't you!! And here I am sitting on my butt! I'll get going soon but I wanted to read your post first. I like your little tree!! Very pretty.

    Please keep us informed on how Angel is doing, ok? She is in my prayers.

    Also, I would be interested to know how your knitting goes!!

    Take care now and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your tree is adorable! I have one a lot like it for my kitchen /snack bar. I haven't even finished mt thanksgiving decorations yet! (Excuse..I was feeling awful last week!)Have a super blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the tree Twin. But somehow I missed about Angel. I will find your previous blog to see what I missed but it goes without saying that she will be prayed for. I don't know how I managed to skip a blog..I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad Angel is better than before...
    I agrees with you that it is very important to know what kind of cars you drive (trust).

    It always nice to see the Christmas tree that made us so many nice memories:-)
    Have a wonderful weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I hope the young lady recovers from this. I pretty sure I know what make of car it is.
    Oh no! Christmas again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh your tree is so perfect. I will be getting mine from the forest here on our property. I love going to all those Christas sales. It just gets me in the spirit. I do hope your sister friend is doing better. Yes and where did Kerrie disappear to. Have a wonderful week. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. The tree is so cute and very pretty Beth, I to love Bazaar's such fun. I do hope your sister's friend is improving. Enjoy your Sunday. Hugs Sheila.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Christmas tree looks lovely, I cannot believe that another year has almost gone.
    So glad that Angel is getting on, I will continue sending healing thoughts. Love Marjie x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good news about Angel, Beth. We'll keep her in our prayers. Please slow down' you;re making me tired!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love going to those crafty things too. Spending money at them gives me a good feeling knowing I'm supporting a good cause. Have you ever considered knitting things to donate to a charitable cause? Here's a link you might enjoy.

    http://www.knittingforcharity.org/the_most_requested_knitting_items_for_charity.html

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)