It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Gone with the wind…

or I guess I should say with the leaf blowers.
P4060001
Taken through my back screen door.  Click to make larger.
P4060002

Taken through my front door window. 

At one time there were a half dozen guys in the front yard with blowers.  My front yard looks really good now except that the heavy layer of leaves killed the grass in many spots.
My daughter came over this morning and we started with the windows, curtains, etc.  The curtains are all clean and rehung now and the windows are washed inside and out.

The bathroom has been thoroughly cleaned including walls and I hung a new shower curtain.  One year is long enough to look at the same shower curtain.  Now all I have left to do is a thorough vacuuming and furniture dusting.  That will have to wait until tomorrow as my back is killing me right now.

It is Thursday already.  I  have never been able to figure out why time passed so slow when I was young and it is barreling by me now at 90 miles an hour down a one way street. 

Stay safe and be happy!!

Red heart  Beth

9 comments:

  1. Good to hear the leaf blowers are gone now afer doing a good job Beth. Shame about the dead grass though. It's been a lovely day here in the sixties. I changed my shower curtain a few weeks ago , it's true about looking at the old one far too long. Day's are quickly passing by Beth I do wish it would slow down a a bit, as you say. Hugs Sheila xx oh and take care of that back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet Beth, I thought you may want to print this post and put it in a bottle. As you remind us who will care in 100 years if you cleaned ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you and your daughter hire out. LOL I could use any help. Well, in all honesty, I just have to get my butt in gear and get started.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE LOVE LOVE Toodie's comment and I agree. Here Here!!

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right about time seeming to accelerate. It used to be that an hour seemed forever now...not even! Spring cleaning feels pretty good doesn't it? I long for the day we can actually open the doors and windows...not here yet but it'll come, I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth, Jaiden just had a look at the photos. "Oh My!" He exclaimed. Though he wouldn't mind to play in them. We're sorry that you have so many blowing to your front door. I can see how annoying that would be. I hope the maintenance dept. keeps onto of the grounds maintenance so you won't end up with a pile more like that. Actually, I wouldn't mind a leaf blower myself. Well a happy Friday to you. With love and care from Kerrie. xOx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just making it a point to stop by your page and give you a friendly reminder that weekends are all about R & R for the most part. So, here’s hoping that you get the opportunity to just sit back and relax… Cheers Beth!
    —> http://i56.tinypic.com/2i7lnis.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like quite the blow job, I am so envious... I have so much yard work to do. Uuugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This was one of the best movies I have ever seen!It is pretty long, but it makes you laugh and cry and keeps you hooked till the end.A story of love, passion, tragedy and it has a good historical backround.All in all it was a great movie. =)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)