It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Walkin’ in the sunshine…

and the sun is shining today.  More rain to come tomorrow afternoon but for right this very minute in time the sun is shining brightly.  We have had over 9 inches of rain for the month of April so far.  The rivers are approaching flood stage.

I have been out to Kroger this morning.  Even at 8:30 in the morning  the store was packed with wall to wall people.  It didn’t take me long to make my purchases and get out of there.  I am not fond of crowds.

I did cook the ham and beans and cornbread yesterday.  Also since it was pouring down rain I decided to make a Texas Sheet Cake.  I hadn’t made one of those for so many years that I had forgotten how good it is.  The recipe is posted on my recipe space.  http://msbethmariesrecipes.blogspot.com/  Turned out perfectly, naturally, because I had no plans to take it anywhere.  There is something about knowing when you are baking something that you have to take it somewhere that makes the recipe flop.  After I had prepared all of this bounty I called my kids and asked them to come over and help me eat it.  They also took the leftovers home.

Not much else to report here.  I do want to wish you all a very Blessed Easter.  Do remember the meaning of the day.

Red heart  Beth

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for that. The reminder about the reason we are having this Sunday as Easter. He is Risen. What a joy.

    Miss Catt is dressed but yet to go to the pawty. She'll go pretty soon.

    Those are wild geraniums that I posted as my header. I took that a few days ago. Thank you for liking them.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,

    Yes tomorrow, we will remember together the meaning of the day. "He is Risen" He is Risen indeed, Hallelujah"

    God Bless and Very Happy Easter, Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Beth Marie, Dang! Sure am sad I missed the ham, beans and corn bread but had fish because of Good Friday. Indeed today some sun was better than no sun at all and now it is getting cool enough to shut the windows. Wishing you and yours a very good and Happy Easter. As ever be well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blessings my friend. Glad you had some sunshiine to spread the warmth in, around, over, under and through your life. May its rays carry through even when the rain falls.\
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ham and beans with cornbread and Texas sheet cake to boot. I love it!
    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear you are walking in sunshine. Cook and they will come, right? Great food, of course they would come. Rain here. So wet the ground is gushy. Have a very nice Easter Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Easter, Beth Marie...
    Hope you get lots of yummy chocolates...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh a sheet cake! So ambitious---glad you called people over to help you eat it. That reminds me---I should drag out my recipe for a broiled icing cake I used to make when I was growing up. So easy and so good! And SMALL...just right for the three of us! Enjoy Easter today and don't eat too many chocolate bunnies!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A Blessed Easter to you and yours. The meal sounds delicious. Not to fond of crowds myself to I would hurry through too.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)