It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Friday, May 27, 2011

Lovely day for our trip..

It has been partly sunny so far today and we made the trip in good time.  While there we stopped for a visit with my beautician Sherri, then on down the main street to the specialty pharmacy where Sandi works (she compounds special drugs) then out to the cemetery to put the flowers on Jim’s grave.  This is close by where my friend Christine has an assisted living room in the Knight’s Templar nursing home where we visited with her for about half an hour.  Then on down to visit a minute with my friend Jo who with her family run a trucking company.  She wasn’t there as she is in South Carolina at her grandson’s helping care for her new great grandbaby who was a preemie. Her daughter, son and granddaughter were there and were getting ready to Call Jo right away tell her that we had been there. Wonderful to see them  and get big hugs from them all.  I had some wonderful friends there.  I wasn’t able to see Anne and Bill (who has stage 4 cancer), I will try to call them tonight.  I drove by my old home and was heartsick for a minute seeing the high grass and the weeds in the yard, and then I remembered, that is not my home any more.

While in my old home town I spotted a garage sale on the way to the cemetery.  I couldn’t pass that up.

P5260003

I noticed as we were going into town that gas right off the interstate was still $4.19 a gallon.  I filled up in town for $3.75 this morning.  Here in Pekin it is pretty well set at $3.84 a gallon.

Now on our way home we stopped at a new Avanti’s restaurant in Bloomington where we had a bowl of clam chowder soup, hot bread and butter and chicken parmesan.  Not too bad although I think the Avanti’s here in Pekin has better hot bread.

P5260004

P5260005

Click on the pics for a larger view.

As we were traveling through Bloomington I saw all kinds of new buildings, such as Bob Evans, a Holiday Inn and several more places.  I do think the economy is making a bit of a recovery.

All for now, I will visit you all later.

Red heart  Beth

9 comments:

  1. Things do change back home don't they. Glad you had a safe trip and pleasant weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,

    Sounds like you had a very full busy but enjoyable day.

    Hugs - Nita

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know the feeling you had seeing your former house. I thought the same thing when I went by my parents old house. Otherwise, it sounds like it was a nice day for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shame about your former house Beth , apart from that sounds like a a smashing day and meeting old friends. Good to see those new buildings to Beth enjoy your weekend take care. Sheila xx:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Dear Beth!
    Thank you for dropping by my blog.
    It warms my heart when you write a few words to me.
    Hope all is well with you and yours.
    Wish you a nice weekend!
    Warm hugs Ann

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good to get out and away once in a while, isn't it? Sounds like you have a great day...you sound like me---I hate to pass up a garage sale when I'm on my way somewhere else! We all need that bumper sticker: I stop for garage sales!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a bitter sweet day...was it hard seeing your old house and not being abe to walk in? Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)