It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Finally able to squawk a little bit…

Thank you all for the get well wishes.  I greatly appreciated them all.

I am still coughing a lot at night and not resting well.  I am getting my voice back a little  bit at a time.  Knock on wood, so far no major reaction from the antibiotic.  It is boring trying to recover.  I can’t read because my eyes are pretty well swollen shut.   The Anthony trial was all DNA evidence yesterday and the defendant sat there all stony faced. She is really a cold person and I find it very hard to believe that there are people like this in the world.  I feel like hopping through the TV screen and and shaking her really hard to see if she would show some emotion then.

It has been really hot  and humid here.  This morning it is raining and we are under a thunderstorm watch until noon.  Very dark outside.  So I will get caught up on the Bones episodes I have recorded on the DVR.

I see that I am getting some new neighbors in the 4 plex 2 doors down.  Deb, next door told me it was an 84 year old man and his wife.  As soon as I feel better I plan to bake an angel food cake for them. 

I about forgot to mention that North Pekin was having city wide garage sales (over 40) on Friday and Saturday and I missed them all.  Sad smile

I hope you are all having a great weekend.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Red heart  Beth

16 comments:

  1. I hope you recover quickly Beth, losing sleep is not good. So, concentrate on 'feeling' healthy and I'll send some health vibes over the Ocean.
    We're seeing a lot more of that Golden ball in the sky, (the Sun I think It's called, well, we in Britain have to send out search parties sometimes!!) So I hope your weather picks up soon, but until then enjoy your series. Hugs to you, xPenx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness You sound like your being put through the ringer. Those night cough attacks are the worst. no rest at all to be had. I hope you feel better soon. Get plenty of rest and fresh air.Too bad about missing the Grage sales.I hate missing out on good deals too! Feel well soon. Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you get well soon! My allergies have kicked in big time this year too---but I have discovered the healing effects of salt water nasal spray. It is cheap and just as effective as those expensive ones---plus I can do it several times a day and not suffer sleepiness. It is very cleansing and I haven't had a sinus infection all season! First time in AGES. Enjoy your BONES episodes and relax and rest! Summer will be here soon and hopefully you'll be able to get out and enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This greeting that I am leaving on your page, has health-giving powers and I'm leaving it just you. Very relieved and glad that you are starting to feel better and very soon we shall see you fit as fit can be. Take good care in the mean time.
    Here's hoping that the weather isn't too cruel for you. Grab a comfy pillow and blanket... prop yourself up on the couch and enjoy 'Bones' while you wait for the so called bad weather to pass. Cheers to you this Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Recovery may not sound very exciting but getting better from being really ill is a wonderful thing none the less! It's finally going to be in the eighties over the next couple days and the wonderful thing is we don't now the meaning of humidity in these parts so it's about as glorious as you can get...I guess that makes up for the awful winters. Anyway, blessings to you my friend, keep on getting better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here it's hot hot hot. We are experiencing overcast though..started a few hours ago. Maybe it won't be so blazing hot. I sure hope what you're taking kicks in fast Twin. That sounds the worst I have heard of. You're really going through it. I'm so glad the family is there to help.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. ────╔╗╔╗╔═╗╔╗╔╗╔══╗────
    ────║╚╝║║╚╣║║║║║╔╗║────
    ────║╔╗║║╔╣║╚╣╚╣╚╝║────
    ════╩╩╩╩╩═╩╩═╩═╩══╩════
    ::Seth waves:: Leaving you a quick greeting and hoping that you are enjoying a relaxing afternoon.
    --> http://i55.tinypic.com/oputcp.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  8. blessings....
    great to read you are on the mend. had that cold, for the coughing at night get a sepressant it will calm the coughing so you can get some sleeping.

    Rhapsody..

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's no fun being sick. I just can't watch that trial. I'm sure it would send my blood pressure sky high. Rest and take it easy so you be better for the next garage sales.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Angel Food cake! My favorite. I'm moving in near you! Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hoping in the coming weeks the other side of Pekin will have a big garage sale. Good to hear you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad you're starting to feel somewhat better. I catch bits and pieces of the trial, (when Brody isn't watching cartoons lol) and I've noticed that too. She has a heart of stone that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you are getting feel better..I bet you are sick of been sick, normally you are very healthy lady.
    Have a good rest Beth.
    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Angel Cake...love it, not any guilt....lol
    I hope you feel much better soon. Hot as blazes here too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Beth just catching up good to hear you are getting better hugs Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)