till Spring, although it is nothing like spring outside this morning. We are having a mixture of sleet, drizzle and snow this morning. The wind is whipping around and the temp is 30 degrees. Supposed to change to all snow this afternoon with steadily falling temperatures.
I have been out this morning to Wal*Mart and Food Depot. I got a vey late start on the day as I didn’t wake up until almost 8AM. I think I must be trying to get caught up on the sleep I missed Saturday night. It is so dreary out that I came right back home. I had thought about eating at 8th Street Station/aka Grumpy Pete’s but it is too nasty outside.
So I think I will make some Rice Krispy treats for my SIL as I have some marshmallows I need to use up. Those don’t tempt me so it is safe to make them.
The following are thoughts to live by from Griffith University, AU.
“It is really quite simple. The 'secret' turns out to be nothing more than good sense. Here are some ways that you can improve the quality of your life if you apply them honestly in your life. You should of course ignore any that don't feel right to you.
If you are like me and have read and listened to self-improvement books and cassettes, you will probably recognize the major themes present in practically all such self-improvement products. In any event, have a read down the list. At the very least, it will raise a chuckle.”
- Give people more than they expect and do it cheerfully.
- Memorize your favorite poem.
- Don't believe all you hear, spend all you have, or loaf all you want.
- When you say, "I love you," mean it.
- When you say, "I'm sorry," look the person in the eye.
- Be engaged at least six months before you get married.
- Believe in love at first sight.
- Never laugh at anyone's dreams. People who don't have dreams don't have much.
- Love deeply and passionately. You may get hurt, but it's the only way to live life completely.
- In disagreements, fight fairly. No name calling.
- Don't judge people by their relatives, or by the life they were born into.
- Teach yourself to speak slowly but think quickly.
- When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile, and ask, "Why do you want to know?"
- Take into account that great love and great achievements involve great risk.
- Call your mother.
- Say, "bless you" when you hear someone sneeze.
- When you lose, don't lose the lesson.
- Follow the three Rs: Respect for self, Respect for others, Responsibility for all your actions.
- Don't let a little dispute injure a great friendship.
- When you realize you've made a mistake, take immediate steps to correct it.
- Smile when picking up the phone. The caller will hear it in your voice.
- Marry a person you love to talk to. As you get older, his/her conversational skills will be even more important.
- Spend some time alone.
- Open your arms to change, but don't let go of your values.
- Remember that silence is sometimes the best answer.
- Read more books. Television is no substitute.
- Live a good, honorable life. Then when you get older and think back, you'll be able to enjoy it a second time.
- Trust in God but lock your car.
- A loving atmosphere in your home is the foundation for your life. Do all you can to create a tranquil harmonious home.
- In disagreements with loved ones, deal only with the current situation. Don't bring up the past.
- Don't just listen to what someone is saying. Listen to why they are saying it.
- Share your knowledge. It's a way to achieve immortality.
- Be gentle with the earth.
- Pray or meditate. There's immeasurable power in it.
- Never interrupt when you are being flattered.
- Mind your own business.
- Don't trust anyone who doesn't close his/her eyes when you kiss.
- Once a year, go someplace you've never been before.
- If you make a lot of money, put it to use helping others while you are living. It is wealth's greatest satisfaction.
- Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.
- Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly.
- Remember that the best relationship is one in which your love for each other exceeds your need for each other.
- Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.
- Live with the knowledge that your character is your destiny.
- Approach love and cooking with reckless abandon.
#27 is my favorite, what is yours?