It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Take the time to touch the morning…

Take the time to touch the morning
Whoa, you'll wish you had some day
Take the time to touch the morning
Before it slips away.

Have you ever seen the sunshine
Peepin' through a window glass
Have you ever noticed Jack Frost
Etched so lightly on your grass.

Have you ever tasted apples
With the dew still on the skin
Have you ever loved somebody
You'll never see again.

Take the time to touch the morning
Whoa, you'll wish you had some day
Take the time to touch the morning
Before it slips away.

Take the time to taste the sunshine
As it hangs there from the tree
Take the time to touch the morning
Touch the morning on your knees.

I've been called a driftin' dreamer
A boy out of place
But I have touched the morning
Felt the cool upon my face.

Take the time to touch the morning
Whoa, wished you had some day
Take the time to touch the morning
Before it slips away.

Take the time to taste the sunshine
While it hangs there from the tree
Take the time to touch the morning
Touch the morning on your knees.

Take the time to touch the morning
Whoa, you'll wish you had some day
Take the time to touch the morning
Before it slips away.

 

written by Eddie Raven

 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlnWa_ndnRE

*********

I am out to touch the morning to hit a few more garage sales.  And for any family member reading this, don’t forget to catch my blog tomorrow June 3rd,  Thanks to my newest follower Nicky who has been a blogging friend since I first started posting in 2005.

Beth

13 comments:

  1. Have a great day Beth. Thanks for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today it will hit near ninety for us with violent storms likely in the afternoon. Lovely has our car at work so that makes me think all the more of her. This is our nasty storm season. Have a great day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth,

    Will be looking for your blog tomorrow. Hope you have a great day.

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful poem you found Beth! Have a great weekend. Hope your weather clears up soon :)

    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a really great day!! Keep smiling! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely poem! I love mornings. I also love yard sales. Our yard sale season here in Phoenix has slowed now due to the heat. Lots of yard sales in fall and winter months. Hope you found some treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely!! I do enjoy the mornings. I hope you had good luck at your sales today!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful words! I hope you had great success at the garage sales! It has been such a lovely morning/day here - Hope you have a wonderful weekend,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice thoughts. Thanks, Beth. BGB

    ReplyDelete
  10. You having a beautiful time everyday all day, you have happy time my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful poem and I really do feel that I take the time to touch the morning each day. : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the quietness of the morning before everything wakes up.

    Hope you enjoyed your Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)