It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Thursday, June 7, 2012

Thursday…

and another busy day of cleaning.  My daughter came over and with her help we took everything from the cabinets in the kitchen.  Marcia cleaned inside the cupboards.  Then we washed dishes, pots and pans etc.  Next was cleaning underneath the sink and lining it with fresh paper.  I ended up with 2 boxes and 3 bags of stuff that we dropped off at Goodwill.  I have taken enough stuff to Goodwill this week to have had a magnificent garage sale.  Sadly there is no place here for me to have a garage sale.

Then it was another day of fast food at Arby’s.  Tomorrow I will really have to be on my good behavior and cook something.  I love Arby’s Beef ‘n cheddar though!

I  am exhausted again today.  I woke up before 5 this morning so I just got up.  Then we worked non stop for about 3 hours plus I had already done a load of laundry before we started.  It is really good that I weeded through all of that stuff.  Does one person need 50 different coffee mugs??  Or two complete sets of cookware?  Or 2 complete sets of dinnerware?  Not me.  I am a paper plate person since Jim is gone.  I have my favorite cup I use for tea, etc.

So now I am going to try and get around to visit you all, then I have Y&R recorded on the DVR to watch.  I also need to go out to the concrete garden and water my tomato plants and loosen up the dirt around them.  Whew!!  this tending a big garden wears me out too.  LOL  OOPS!!  I about forgot the marigolds planted around the lamp post.  I think I will go out now and take a pic of them so you can see how much they have grown.  I sprinkled some seed in there too and it is sprouting.

001    004

The shadow is from the lamp.  The shrubs that were planted around front.  I thought they looked half dead when they were planted.

Remember to stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

22 comments:

  1. No wonder you are tired because you work so hard!! he he I get tired just listening to all you accomplish. Why do we do that to ourselves?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Beth,

    I too am busy sorting and dispensing of things, as is Amanda, both of us still have things in boxes etc from 3 years ago when we moved. Builders start work at Amanda's house on Monday, so busy busy busy for us all. I have been eating too many of the wrong things again, mainly for convenience so will have to get a hold on it tomorrow and over weekend too.

    Your marigolds reminded me of the ones we have planted this week.

    Take Care

    Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why your tired. I'm tired just reading it. I hear you on the cups etc. If it weren't for the family gatherings here I could sure cut back. Now if I could get mister collector here to let up there are probably 50+ mugs to get rid of.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am home cleaning today too..will get back to it shortly! Sounds like you did some deep cleaning:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't forget that naps are healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had a rough night last night and didn't sleep worth a hoot...I hate that. It's like a person gets so thrown off with everything when tired. I love the concrete garden. It's a nice thing to do when limited in space. We do something similar and I really like it. Happy cleaning my friend. I don't feel all that motivated to do that at the moment but perhaps that will change. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like another busy day for y our. It's good that you have been able to donate so many things to Goodwill. That really helps the needy. Have a great Thursday and I hope you can get some rest. Love the new 4th of July design of your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like you are accomplishing a lot. I need to give my kitchen cupboards a good cleaning out and get rid of some things too. Your flowers are pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have really been busy, Beth. The flowers look like they are responding to your TLC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You certainly HAVE been busy. I really do need to give my kitchen a good cleaning out like that too. You just may have given me the incentive to do it. : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are super motivated!!! I think if I cleaned out my cabinets I'd just reorganize and skip washing everything else lol. But that's just me ;)

    And I have to say I keep getting hooked on Y&R. I'll watch it, take a break for a few months, and then start up again.

    Have a good night!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good grief, Twin. You make ME tired. I did clean the bathroom though and undertook cleaning out the file thingy in the kitchen on the desk. WHY do I allow stuff to accumulate in that thing I don't know. It took an hour to sort thru. I still have stuff to shred. from it.

    I need to get rid of some more "stuff" myself. Either than or the boys will be doing it for me down the road.
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is such a good feeling when a large task is completed, isn't it. Congrats to you and your daughter. Your little garden is pretty.
    Please pray for my daughter. You can go on my facebook page if you want to know what's going on.
    Hope tomorrow is as nice for you as today. Bet you'll sleep tonight. BGB

    ReplyDelete
  14. Busy girl !! The pictures look wonderful...I'm trying to catch up reading and lordy--where have I been ??? lol

    Must just be that time of year...

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so nice that she has been coming to help you clean and purge!! Feels so good! But it is exhausting, yes!
    The concrete garden is looking good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so happy about you..but not same thinking about reminded me about you.
    Today target all thing in past happy your blog!!
    Enjoy everyday for all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Busy Beth no wonder you are pooped.. Your flowers are looking very pretty and good Luck with your tomatoes. You had a good crop last year I think. Lots of wind and rain here right now. Hope it is a better week for my hols next week.
    Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That makes me tired just reading it,wow you sure have been busy,but better then than when it is hot and humid I guess. We are all in for some summer weather this weekend. No A/C here so it will be tough. Hope your flowers flourish and your tomatoes are sweet. Your on my mind Sis..take care of yourself,
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope you feel better today. It is funny how tired you get doing that. I was thinking that about all of the dishes I have that I really need to do something with. I would have so much more room. I hope you have a lovely Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. marigolds are happy flowers to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I did the same thing I had about the same amount of mugs. I am still throwing or giving stuff away. I will have to call somebody to haul away some of the stuff. An older televidion that just stopped working. Too big for me to lift though I lifted it when I bought it back in '94. I guess I was a lot stronger back then, not to mention a bum leg.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)