it’s still hot with no rain in sight! I have been reading, cleaning closets, etc. just to keep busy as I stay inside with the air conditioner. No relief in sight for at least 8 more days.
I had to make a store run early this morning as my bananas were too ripe to eat. So, I made banana bread, 3 small loaves from Chef John’s recipe which is really good.
From All Recipes.com
3 ripe bananas
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup softened butter
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon milk
1 cup chopped walnuts
1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
2. Grease a 9x4 inch loaf pan.
3. Mash bananas in a bowl.
4. Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in another bowl.
5. Beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer or spatula in a large bowl until smooth.
6. Stir in mashed bananas.
7. Add eggs to the butter mixture one at a time, fully blending in each egg before adding the next.
8. Stir in vanilla extract and milk.
9. Stir in chopped walnuts, chocolate chips, and flour mixture until just incorporated.
10. Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Tap pan on the counter to release any air pockets.
11 Bake in preheated oven for about 1 hour 10 minutes, or until an inserted wooden skewer comes out clean.
12 Let the bread rest in the pan for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pan. Slice and serve.
One nice thing about an electric oven that is self cleaning, doesn’t heat up the kitchen.
Remember, Stay safe and be happy!!