It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Guess I better tidy up the place…

“A couple you've known for a long time could visit you at your home today, Libra.”  This was in my horoscope for today.  I read my horoscope when I think of it just for fun.  I am not hooked on it, I just take it at face value.  However, many times things have happened as predicted.  So, perhaps I should tidy up the place a bit.  LOL
Lovely sunny cool morning.  It is 52 gorgeous degrees right now.  I am getting ready to go out and embrace the world in a few minutes.  Then there is always the dreaded bathroom to clean later.  Perhaps I should do that right now before my unexpected company arrives.  Oh well, I will just shut the bathroom door and hope no one needs to open it.  Kidding of course.
Nothing exciting happening around here.  I hear sirens almost every day.  I turn on my scanner and I am able to pick up a lot of frequencies.  It is about 15 years old and far from digital.  I would love to buy a  new one and program it on the computer.  Most of the Peoria frequencies are digital now.  Maybe I will get that for myself for Christmas.  I am waiting to see about the E-book if Santa Claus in the form of my brother brings me one.  ;-)  Are you reading this little bro?
Yesterday was uneventful.  I walked a couple of blocks to a garage sale and then stopped at another garage sale when I was out in the car.  Nothing but junk at either one.  I am not talking about another man’s treasure, I mean junk that should have been bagged up and put in the garbage.  I love garage sales.  I rarely buy anything, I just love talking to the people there.  I always liked having a garage sale too because of the interaction with people and seeing folks that I hadn’t seen for awhile.  Of course this was in a small town where everyone knew what everyone else was doing.
I better boogie along as I need to get out soon.  I hope you all have a peaceful happy day.
Beth

9 comments:

  1. i never give credit to such things either...general predictions aren't that hard to fulfill. We have a violent storm passing by that marks what I believe to be the true end of summer. This thing looks nasty...lightning...thunder...the works...strange for early in the morning in these parts. Have a wonderful Sunday my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 44 degrees when Frankie made me get out of bed to drive her to work at zero dark thirty. We're supposed to have highs near 80, plenty of sunshine and low humidity for the next several days. I'm hoping to get out with the camera because the skies are so clear it almost hurts to look at them. A pleasant change after weeks of haze.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never even look at them. Gave up even glancing years ago. Love reading that they are face value to you. There are several in the blog family that believe them word for word.

    It was 52 when I got up this morning. Coolish in the house. I wore long sleeves to church. The days have been beyond beautiful, cool, clear, blue and sunny and low humidity. Like October days.

    I hope the Admiral listen to you.!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A picture book day here. I don't feel like doing anything. Getting dressed was a hassle.
    I've been to a few garage sales and it is fun to look at things that people want to get rid of. I did buy a lava lamp. A useless relic from my hazy youth but what the heck it was only a dollar. Well I have to get back to doing nothing. Enjoy the pleasent weather Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me thinks Beth needs a new scanner for her birthday! Why wait until Christmas?

    Hope your unexpected visitor has dark brown eyes. Hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe the garage sale sign meant to say garbage sale(?) I agree with Cindy, why wait to get a new one. Shut the bath door an go out there shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. just stopping by to say Hi and hope you have a good week, I thought this coming week would be less hectic with kids going back to school, but at the moment, it is looking anything but. ah well, better than sitting round bored I guess. hugs nita.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Beth. Won't know much more till the 8th about the pathology during surgery. Just that he said things looked very good. So for that I am very grateful. Your prayers do mean the world to me...Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well Beth, My hubby is gone for a few days so I have had to the computer all to my self. Just never have the time when he is here. Had our 1st frost already a week ago. Had to move all my flowers under the eaves of the house. They are actually doing really well. I gave everything one last good trimming and fertized on more time. We can still get some great warm days right into October even though the night will soon be freezing. But all my sqaush in the garden got frost damaged, I have it covered now and it should come back enough for me to get something harvested I hope. Well I am off to catch up with all that I can while I have complete control over this computer. Thanks always for you visits and have a great week. Hugs Carrie

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)