It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Happy Birthday to my dad and my sister, Chris…

Today would have been the birthdays  of my dad  and my next to the oldest sister Chris.  They both have been gone a long time but I still miss them both.  Daddy was fun most of the time.  I can remember that he also knew how to give a good whack on the rear end too.  I knew that because even as a small child I was prone to put my foot in my mouth.  He called me Boogie.  Daddy is the only one who ever called me that.  I always thought when I was a little girl that Chris looked a lot like Lana Turner.  She is the one who took care of me when I was small as mom had her hands full with 8 kids.  I remember the day that Chris left home to get married.  I cried a lot and had nightmares for a long time.
I have been looking for some pictures of Chris when she was young and I can’t find any.  You have all seen a pic of my dad but in case you haven’t, here is one with my mom, Rae on the left, me next to Rae and Ebby on the far right.  Taken on mom and dad’s anniversary in 1969.

mom dad anniversary nov 1969

Happy Birthday Chris and Daddy.

Red heart  Beth

12 comments:

  1. Hugs to you today Sis..looking back is sometimes wonderful..Thanks for sharing your memories with us.
    XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hugs on this day Twin Sis. Beautiful memories and so glad you have that one of all of you as grown ups..I mean Eby and Rae and you.

    I love reading about your family and seeing the pictures, But you know how I am about your pictures. Always have enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memories, how we need and love them. Those times made us the people we are. What great looking group you all are. Happy Birthday to your Dad and Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah, very touching blog, Beth, a great tribute to your family.

    Hugs Nita.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful memorries of your family and I really enjoy to seen your family pictures.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Beth
    Thank you for your visit!It is also my grandson's fifth birthday today.

    Hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you are feeling. My Dad died 22 year ago and whenevr I see old pictures I get a bitter sweet feeling. I have alot of sweet memories. sounds like you have sweet ones too. blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  8. wonderful picture,Times like this are bitter sweet, hugs to you !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice photo. Seems like yesterday doesn't it? Be safe from the storms my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great picture of everyone. It's certainly a blessing to have those pics to remember people by. Nice memories too. Glad you came through the storms OK. Treat yourself to something you like to do today---you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also remember my parents birthdays every year. They both died 5 weeks apart in 1999.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Birthdays are certainly a time to remember and celebrate... even though they are not physically with you today to help fight over who gets the last piece of cake... or who had more ice cream on theirs... you keep them close in heart and that is what matters.
    Awesome picture!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)