It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Monday, May 2, 2011

Can it really be true?

Is Osama bin Laden really dead?  And what does it mean for the US?  Increased terror attacks targeting America and our allies?  I don’t know but I  am worried that bin Laden has not really left the building.  What I am thinking is that there are hundreds more look alike clones just waiting in the wings plotting their next move.  My most fervent prayer is that this can be the beginning of the end of the wars that are being fought.

******************************************************************

I have been out shopping this morning, to the bank, to the K-Mart and to Kroger.  I had to get an early start on the week.  I also have done two loads of laundry. 

Yesterday I cooked, tenderized round steak with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, corn and strawberry shortcake.  The strawberries now are so huge that they have no flavor.  I can’t wait for the local ones to be in season.  I had leftovers for lunch today instead of a TV dinner (patting myself on the back).

It is 55 degrees today with no rain in the forecast until Thursday.  Hooray for that!!

I hope you all are having a good start to a great week.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Red heart  Beth

14 comments:

  1. Hi Beth, We had a nice beautiful day yesterday, and today woke up to more rain. Sure tired of this. I hope you have a nice happy week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have enjoyed that dinner. ALL my favorites except the mushhaits. I woulda scraped them off. :-)))

    The flowers pictured in the blog (I took that photo yesterday) are the ladies in the story. I like to tell a story with many of my flower pictures. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings......
    who knows for sure? America needs to worry about the home grown terrorists, they are growing by leaps and bounds.

    Enjoy the sun...

    Take care and stay blessed....
    Rhapsody

    ReplyDelete
  4. that dinner sounds so good, hope you enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your left overs sound great! Now there will always be terrorists. Jist like Bullies. Now will Obama bring all our soldiers home? That was the mission right? Thinkin of you Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your header Beth. It is so pretty. Dinner sounded delicious.
    I agree, that there are many more ready to take obl's place. He is just one pea in the pod. It is best not to let our guard down. As there will always be bullies, there will also be terrorists in the world as we know it.
    Take care and have a wonderful rest of the week Beth.
    Dianne :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I figure OBL is really out of the picture but I don't know if anyone will know right off the bat what it will mean to all of us or the world for that matter. I think he was a figure head for the most part over the last few years while others did the dirty work. Now more than ever we must keep our faith. It's finally warming up here..I intend to enjoy that in spite of it all! Have a blessed week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so hope it is true. Will it help can only be yet determined.

    What a meal. I love everything except for the 'mushroom' gravy. Mushroom anything and I just don't get along ver well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you on this one! It's the aftermath to Bin Ladin's death that worries me too. Repercussions could be bad for the U.S. But, then, nothing could happen too---we can hope for the best. Your swiss steak sounds delish! Haven't made that in ages, but my Mom used to. Enjoy the springtime---and I hope those storms are about over for you. Stay SAFE!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh That dinner does sound very tasty Beth , you are right about the strawberries big and tasteless. Just waiting to buy in season one's , so much better. I know what you mean about Bin Laden, sends a shiver down my spine for sure. Have a great week hope the weather stays warm and dry for you. Hugs Sheilaxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm glad bin Laden's dead but fear reprisal attacks are a near certainty now that he's a martyr in the eyes of his lunatic followers. This looks like a classic example of "better the devil you know".

    ReplyDelete
  12. I guess google didn't like my comment.
    I'd like to see the video that's supposed to have been shot from headgear.
    The dinner sure sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I missed lunch with you , sorry, hope you didn't bin it, LOL it sounded wonderful
    I'm not one for prayer, but I'll make an exception and pray that Laden's ghost is well and truly laid, but the mind set of these people are not like normal people's and I think we will all have to watch our backs.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)