It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Proud to be an American…

If tomorrow all the things were gone I'd worked for all my life,
And I had to start again with just my children and my wife,
I'd thank my lucky stars to be living here today,
'Cause the flag still stands for freedom
And they can't take that away.

I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God Bless the U.S.A.

From the lakes of Minnesota to the hills of Tennessee,
Across the plains of Texas from sea to shining sea.
From Detroit down to Houston and New York to L.A.,
There's pride in every American heart
And it's time we stand and say:

I'm proud to be an American where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to me,
And I gladly stand up next to you and defend her still today,
'Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land, God Bless the U.S.A.


~ Lee Greenwood ~

9 comments:

  1. I love that song. Every year after all the tests etc. they had a play day where I worked. Games of skill and fun put on by the gym teacher. They always started and ended that day with the kids around the flag singing along with that song. It was so awesome to see and hear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I am proud to be an American. ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song. I think every American does. It's is a 100% perfect son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless the USA indeed! It is so good to remember that it's not our stuff that makes us great but the things this country is founded upon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gives me a sort of lump in my throat. Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Bless America, Beth, and god bless you too, for being a great and supportive friend. Many thanks for all your comfort through Her Maj's illness and now her sleep-time. I'm still crying but smiling too, through the tears, at her memory and her madcap ways. Hugs to you my friend, and many many thanks. from me (and for the last time, from Her Maj. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tune isn't familiar to me Beth, though maybe I would know it if I heard it. And I agree, God bless America, I think that we in the western world should be grateful that we are born in free countries, I hope it will always be so.
    Jerusalem, brings a lump to my throat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Songs like that make me cry---but then, I cry at the Stars Spangled Banner too. Great words too! Thanks for posting...

    ReplyDelete
  9. A few years ago, Pat and I were in front of Bellagio's in Las Vegas watching the light and water show this song playing and hundreds of people singing along with Lee. What a magical and orpine moment filled with pride. Thanks Beth for posting.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)