It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Monday, May 16, 2011

Guess what?

The sun is finally shining.  It was 38 degrees when I got up this morning at 5:50 AM.  The rain started Friday evening and when I went to bed last night it was still drizzling.  The furnace is running now and the two 90 degree days we had last week are just a memory.  Oh well, that is Illinois weather.  Hot one minute and cold the next, rain when you don’t need it, and no rain when you do.

I have a load of laundry in which I have to go check in a minute. Then I have another load to put in.  A never ending cycle isn’t it?

My kids came over yesterday to eat with me.  I fixed a new recipe with chicken breasts dipped in beaten egg and then in finely crushed cracker crumbs mixed with Hidden Valley Ranch dry mix.  WOW!!  It was really good and I will try that again.  350 degrees preheated oven, cover with foil, bake 45 minutes covered and then about 20 minutes to finish browning.  Tender and delicious.  Then I had potato salad and baked beans, an easy way to fix a meal on a Sunday.   There were leftovers for them to take home and some for me for today.

As soon as I get the laundry done I have to make a store run.  I am needing a few necessities again like milk and bananas.  I have to have a banana to eat with my oatmeal each morning.  Potassium and all of that good stuff you know. 

I hear the laundry calling.  You all have a good week.  stay safe and be happy!!

Red heart  Beth

12 comments:

  1. Hope you have a good week too Beth
    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  2. That reminds me of the book "Chicken Every Sunday" It does sound good. It's been cold and rainy here too. Yesterday and today it's sunny, but still cold and windy. Can't wait for warm weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see that nice sun, now if it will just bring a little warmth with it all will be good. Funny, I have a few things to get including bananas for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Chicken sounds good Beth.
    I don't envy you your weather though, we are basking in some lovely sunshine to-day, off to do some gardening in a mo, I did mention on your New Blog that i'm not blogging much now, but I'll pop in and say Hi and see what you're up to.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a busy day for you. Hope your weather calms down and the sun comes out. We actually had rain, SNOW and lots of wind with our weekend storm. Luckily the snow was in the neighboring hills, not down where we are. This IS the middle of May isn't it???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you on that one Beth I have a banana every morning before I start working in the garden. That chicken sounds tasty I love chicken , I make curries and love in salads . Just catching up Hugs Sheila :)x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl, rain and chill here. The furnace ran once yesterday and once today so far when it got to 65 i the house. I can take it, but my ol' kitty the Admiral does't like being cold.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My laundry doesn't just call me ...it writes nasty emails and shouts that it needs to get done!!!!UGH!!! blessings. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is cold here too. I have much to do, but so far, I'm only reading blogs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 39 degrees last night but it sure warmed up today with sun shining hotly. Hotly? I love nanners! Two weeks ago they were 81 cents ah pound! There wasn't any Rare Spotted ones cheaper so what cha gonna do? I love nanners with my hot oatmeal. I hung my sheets on the line and ooooh they smell fresh! I made ah note to make that chicken you made this week...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our Melbourne weather that we can have four season in one day:-)
    I likes your Chicken dish that suit me fine as well your breakfast too.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wet and chilly here, too. The furnace woke me up early this morning when I suddenly realized the windows were open. What is this "sun" you speak of?

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)