It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Monday, June 20, 2011

Homemade cookies tomorrow…

I have just finished making cookie dough to bake tomorrow.  I find that cookies are easier to bake and hold their shape better if the dough is chilled thoroughly first.  I fixed old fashioned oatmeal raisin and chocolate chip dough.  The recipe for the oatmeal cookies is on my recipe space, the chocolate chip recipe is on the Nestle chocolate chip package.  I have tried many recipes for chocolate chip cookies and I haven’t found one yet that beats the recipe on the bag.  I will put some of the cookies in the freezer and share the rest with my daughter and son in law.

This has been a pretty miserable day weather wise.  A severe thunderstorm woke me up this morning at 5:30.  Lots of lightning and loud booms.  I turned over and went back to sleep for another hour and a half.  The sun tries to come out every now and then in between rain showers.

I have been out today, paying a bill and going to the grocery store.  I settled in to watch the trial which was recessed ASAP till tomorrow morning at 8 AM.  No verdict on the Blagojevich trial yet.  Trials fascinate me.  I sat on the jury in a federal drug case quite a few years ago and on the jury of a drunk driving case in my county.  That is the extent of my jury experience.  I wouldn’t mind doing jury duty again if it was in town here.  I sure don’t want to have to drive to Peoria,

I hope you all are having a sunny day.  Stay safe and be happy!

Red heart  Beth

12 comments:

  1. It sound you having a bad weather AND this side
    of world are the same but we need to deal with the mother natures:-)
    Enjoy make cookie Beth! hope we both have nice day tomorrow.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. save me some!! Dr visit tomorrow to see what is going wrong here w/ knee.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will do this Twin. We all will be waiting to hear what you find out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The whole court system fasinates me too. Oatmeal cookies are my favorites! Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your miserable weather has moved north. Rain, rain and more rain in the forecast for us. Homemade cookies are so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Getting as tired of rain and storms as we were with the snow and ice. Enough already. Oh, the cookies are making me hungery. I'll just imagine I'm eating some, better for the figure, lol. Not nearly as good though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo cookies. No I have to resist. With me it's all or nothing when it comes to cookies or cake. I might as well scotch tape them to my stomach.

    I have been called twice for jury duty. Got close once to being selected. Would have liked the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yummy cookies lucky daughter enjoy. The weather is much the same over the pond , sunshine and showers. Take care Beth. Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's a dazzling 74 degrees and clear for us with it finally looking somewhat like summer which I guess it should since today is the first day of summer officially! Those cookies are wonderful I'm sure, I only wish I could have one! Have a great day my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate chip cookies are my absolute favorite! I will have to try your refrigerated dough trick. My favorite cookies to make are peanut butter, because they are easy to make and always turn out the best for me.

    You mentioned that you are a Cardinals fan. Being from Missouri, so are we. :) Jackson loves Pujols and got to watch him play a few years ago. One year we even watched our beloved Cards take on the Marlins - in Miami! I think we were the only Cards fans in the entire stadium. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Beth

    It is still rather chilly here for June, but at least we have longer daylight hours. Hope you are feeling a bit better.

    Take Care
    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  12. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ You know... I am the original cookie monster. I love cookies. Sometimes I even put them on a plate and pt them in the microwave for a few seconds to get them soft and chewy and gooey... or I put ice-cream between two cookies... delicious!
    Here's hoping this trial ends and soon.... Uuugh!

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)