It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Update for Carole…

I spoke with Carole this morning.  She saw her doctor yesterday.

Her doctor said that she had an infection at the knee cap area, and he was alarmed at the swelling, so he ordered an x-Ray, which she will have to take to the orthopedist on Friday. The doctor also put her on an antibiotic,  and she told me this morning that her knee felt somewhat better so maybe the antibiotic is kicking in.  For those of you that weren’t clear on the extent of her injuries, she fractured her right wrist and her right arm is in a cast up to her elbow.  Both knees are banged up pretty bad but the right knee is worse.  She said to let you all know that she appreciates all thoughts and prayers for her.

I made the cookies yesterday and they were so good.  I had cookies for my lunch!!  YUMM!!  I shared with my kids and put the rest in the freezer.

I am just home from getting my hair cut so for about the next half hour or so I have nice spikey hair.  Winking smile

It is a chilly dreary rainy morning checking in at 66 degrees.  I have turned the AC off and opened the windows for some fresh air.  I hope the sun is shining wherever you may be.  Stay safe and be happy!!

Red heart  Beth

11 comments:

  1. It is good to hear that the antibiotics may be doing their job. I really feel for her. I imagines eating those cookies and they made me full. lol Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the update on Carole. The poor girl sure took a spill. I could use a few cookies right now. No sun here today and cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I felt so bad about Carole's injuries but am praying that the antibiotics will bring some relief. My mom had an awful spill and broke her ankle some time ago and had to have surgery. She still suffers pain from that injury. I pray that this will leave no lasting consequences for her. It's 69 here but no spiked hair for me! I may have to think about a hair cut again before long! LOL! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was good that Carole went to the doctor. Infections are always bad, best to catch them early, before they cause to much damage.

    ReplyDelete
  5. No sun here either especially after the beautiful weather we have had. I don't care though I'm stuck in a store all day. Thanks for the Carole update. Things can't be easy for her. By the way Beth you will be able to see and hear me on my next blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that she went to the doctor.
    hope after an X-Ray result is good ones.
    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ My thoughts have been with Carole these past few days. I know that she is quite the angel, but flying around parking lots was not necessary to prove that to me, I already knew it! :o) Here's hoping that she will have a speedy recovery.
    You made cookies?! Yum is right. There's never a better time than the present to have a cookie or two... or three... etc. Will you be posting a pic of your new hairdo?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope Carole feel much better very soon
    Take care
    sue

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad you were able to update Carole's condition for us. Only positive thoughts to help her healing! Hot hot hot here---except for the wind. It got up near 100 yesterday and promises to cool off some today. Enjoying the summer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Beth, thank you for the update on Carole, I'll drop by her site next, and I thought I could smell fresh cookies.... um...any chance any are left for me? :-)... We've got rain forecast but for the moment it's holding off, and the sun's shining weakly through the gathering dark clouds. Take care...xx Pen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for the update on Carole poor thing she did a beating, hope the antibiotics kick in quick. Cookies did someone mention Cookies mmmm dull here all day drizzle but oh what do I see at 7pm evening sun and brighter. Hugs Sheila x

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)