It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I survived…

my visit to the doctor this morning.  She was very nice to me and didn’t scold much.  Since I went off the cholesterol med 3 months ago my kidney function improved dramatically.  All of my counts were good with the exception of the total cholesterol and the bad cholesterol  rising a bit.  Anyway, I had lost a couple of pounds and my BP was excellent.  I do not have to go back to see her until December.  HOORAY!!

My daughter took me and we stopped for lunch at The Olive Garden.  The chicken soup with the dumplings in it is SO GOOD!  We had soup, salad and breadsticks.  YUMMMM!!

Finally over the dreary rain that we have had all week.  We received right at 3 inches of rain this week.  I noticed rain water standing in some of the corn fields on the way to Peoria this morning.  The corn is looking good but it is way behind schedule because of the wet cold spring that we have had.

Today is beautiful though, checking in right now at 85 degrees to be in the 90s for the weekend which is a bit hot for me.  Just glad it has stopped raining for now as we have had over 6 inches of rain for the month of June so far.

And that is my update today.  Please continue to remember rambling on in your thoughts and prayers.  We all love you Twin!!
Beth

16 comments:

  1. Dear Beth Marie, Good news about your lab results. Mine have been great too. Whew, glad that little cancer ordeal is over. Now my follow up visits with surgeons and oncologists are about 4 or 5 months apart with a CT scan every eight months or so. Yes indeed it was a rain free day in the Peoria area and was good to be out in it. As ever be well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a quick note to wish you a day filled with spring flowers: colorful blooms that stretch and reach into every nook and cranny of your soul thereby flooding it with great happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth, I am glad to hear you got a good report at the Dr.s today. We had a beautiful day here today. It was 79 degrees.
    Have a great Friday, and weekend ahead.
    Thanks for stopping by today and leaving your comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. *´¨)
    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Whoot Hoot! Your Doc's appointment went rather well, certainly good news to hear. Some of us (me) have come to rather like having you around and hope that you'll be around for a very long time!! Keep doing what you are doing... cause it's working!
    Olive Harden - two words. YUM YUM!
    OK. Enough with the rain, I am ordering Mother Nature to bless you with sunny blue skies and nice warm temps! BTW - being that she is a woman and all, I can only hope that she'll cave in to my demands, but I offer no guarantees.
    Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy your lab results were good. Lunch sounded wonderful. I'd rather take rain over the heat. Sleep tight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So great to hear about the good news at the Doc's!Enjoy the nice weather. Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO glad you were able to get off those drugs! I absolute hate when I have to be on drugs like that. Luckily (knock on wood) I am currently on nothing! Keep watching that cholesterol in your diet and stay moving. Sending only good thoughts to Carole...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great news! :-)

    I would also like to add my yummmm! to The Olive Garden.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great news Beth I bet you are so relieved .Lunch sounds fab dumplings yummy. It's 58 degrees here today and raining some more, that sounds hot where you are . Take care and have great weekend. Hugs Sheila x:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a great health report Twin!! ♥♥♥ Wish I had been there for lunch!
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good health news Beth! I have been in touch with Carole and sent her my wishes for a fast recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to hear the good report my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I will try again to comments which I left you a comment but it didn't go through three times.
    So glad you have a good results from your doctor's.
    Enjoy you lunch and have a nice weekend.
    xoxoox

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was okay:-) I didn't heard from Carol's last two days but I presume that she will get less pains and her son's be there for her?
    One way that Admiral's back to normal that is very helpful situations.
    Please you take care my friends.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that's good news Beth, great news in fact. I didn't know about Carole, I'll be dropping by her place next. It never rains but it pours (as my mum used to say) and we're apparently still facing 'drought' conditions here, although the storm clouds have been overhead for simply ages.
    Hugs to you, and continue with the good health 'cos it makes my day. xPenx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that is good news on the health report. Beth, have you tried MegaRed Krill gel capsules. My doctor told me to try them as I couldn't take any cholesterol meds either and fish oil kept coming back with a rather nasty taste. It has worked for me.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)