It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What can I say…

except it is hotter than blue blazes here, however hot that is.  It never cooled down all night and the AC ran non stop.  Yesterday the temp got up to 96 with the heat index of 107.  Now that is too dang hot for this old gal.

I am just home from the Kroger store buying the necessities needed for a hot day, such as ice cream and stuff for sandwiches.

Yesterday morning early I went out to Staples and purchased the scanner that I thought I couldn’t live without.  So far I like it.  I had forgotten how easy it is to scan something without having to pull out the printer drawer.  I scanned quite a few pics in and I am quite pleased with the results.  Below is a pic taken when my daughter was senior in high school and my son was a freshman.  Already you can see at 5’ 4 & 1/2 in I am the shorty in the bunch.  My son made it to 5’ 11 in and my daughter to 5’ 6.  Me, I remained the same height, just growing in a different direction. 

img013

Click to make larger.  You know what, those were the good old days.

I have watered the tomatoes and talked lovingly to them this morning, promising them if they will get ripe for me that I will be happy to share them with bread, mayo and bacon.  I think they are responding as there are lots of new blooms on the plants.

I guess you can tell that I have nothing much important to say today.  Do be mindful of the heat if you are living in a state where you are affected.  You be careful Twin!!

Red heart  Beth

14 comments:

  1. thanky, Twin, as we had the very same temp and heat index! I was chauffered to the grocery..sweat buckets just shuffling to and from the store.
    Love seeing that picture! your pics are, and you know it..a fave of mine. Just like family.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. We got a break from the heat up here today and it sure feels good! It's only 73 right but it is suppose to reach 83. I suppose that's not too bad as long as it's not humid.
    What kind of scanner did you get? I couldn't live without one of those but mine is all in one with my printer.
    Love the picture of you and the kids. Yes, those were the days. I never grew up either, just out lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ for Sherry. The scanner is an Epson Perfection V330 Photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    Wow, would be too hot for me too. Like your picture, didn't recognize you at first.

    Don't Melt, keep cool - Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Beth, I love the convenience of scanners, just as you say, it makes it so easy so copy things. We're not having a great Summer here in Midlands Britain, but sunshine does appear now and again, but not to the extreme heat you're describing. I'd be a melted spot on the ground. :-) ... Maybe 'cos we're not used to such heat, and as I look out of the window it seems as if the dark clouds are gathering for another storm. Ah well, it fills the water butt, and boy oh boy does it make the garden grow. Hope you manage to keep cool somehow my friend. xPenx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying a break from the real heat but they say it's coming back this weekend. Scanners are wonderful. Mine is an all-in-one and I love it. Fun scanning not just pictures but slides and negatives too. Now to just get off my lazy butt and do some. LOL Nice picture. Couple good looking kids, and Mom's not bad either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had an hour of overcast then the hot hot sun came out and no rain to cool things off. Love the photo. Glad you like your scanner. I liked the talk you had to your maters ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's been relatively cool here...mere low nineties today so I have little to complain about. As to scanners...well frankly my digital camera has pretty well put that out of business though I still have a scanner/printer combo that sits mostly gathering dust. We've got another severe weather threat today but so far that threat has not materialized. Have a great day my friend...enjoy your new scanner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Beth... It's HOT here too. I'm thinking about quitting work and going to the pool for the afternoon! They say that July and August are the price you pay for having great NC weather the rest of the year

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bill. it is great to see a comment from you. I say forget work and go swimming.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well everybody says HOT..but not in here...
    I like the photo, I agree with you that we are growing in the wide ;-)
    Enjoy your new scanner and keep cool yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hear ya loud and clear Beth...just too darn hot for almost anything these days and the dog days are ahead of us...stay cool...take good care of those tomatoes and enjoy that BLT!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well it's same old here cool cloudy and drizzle as I write this. Stay cool Beth. I love the photo and the family resemblance , good old scanner . Hugs Sheila :) X

    ReplyDelete
  14. I NEVER figured out my scanner! That is such a great picture. My daughter is so much taller than her grandma that she giggles ever time she takes a picture with her!
    Now I want a BLT! :O)
    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)