It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Did you ever…

set your iPod to play the tunes in alphabetical order?  I decided to do that around Christmas time.  Very enlightening!  I sure know what my favorite songs are.  Nothing like hearing a dozen versions of Blue Christmas in a row.

002

my iPod in the living room.

I have two iPods, both hooked up to speakers.  One in the living room and one in my bedroom.  When I got my first iPod I had around 900 CDs.  I put all of my favorite songs on the iPods, thousands of them.   I have an eclectic taste in music.  I love classic country and I love the old pop songs from the 50s.  You can even throw in a few rock songs.  I love Joe South and CCR.  I have just discovered that I really like Jools Holland so much that I ordered his Friends CD from Amazon.  I don’t care very much for todays country music.  I don’t think there is very much talent there.  Not like Conway Twitty, George Jones and Johnny Cash. When those guys were in their heyday Jim and I went to many of their concerts.  I will probably have a day of mourning when old Jones passes.

Speaking of Jones, he is going to be at the Peoria Civic Center on March 24th.  I love George but I am passing on this concert.  I have seen Jones many times and a few times up close for pics as I was a member of his fan club for many years.  To go to a concert at the Civic Center in Peoria there are so many events going on there at the same time that parking up close is impossible.  I don’t like to walk a mile to get to a concert.  I didn’t mind that when I was young but it doesn’t tempt me now.

I have to close this as I need to go to the store for bananas.  I have to keep my potassium level up. 

Countdown to Spring stands at 12 days!  YIPPEE!!

You all stay safe and be happy!!

Beth

19 comments:

  1. Sis high 60's and the time change on Sunday..I think Spring is here already. Sure is nice not to have all those heavy coats on. Love it. Not a real real country fan but George Strait was a fav of mine.Garth is fun to watch and listen to. I like some and others not. Hope your day is as nice there as here..XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great little IPOD you have there Beth what a great idea. Chilly wind but sunshine so not too bad. 12 days to Spring as you say Yipeee
    Hugs Sheila and Wile-e xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love having my i-touch playing while I'm...well, doing about anything! I recently got a 64Gb one that holds a lot but mostly I download according to A, B, C...etc. artists and then change it out as I move on. I have over 10,000 songs at this point so even with one that big I can't fit it all at once. I think it's great that you've got a wide range of tastes...I do too but I doubt you'd like much of anything I have. I see more of the mid-sixties as the forecast stretches out...this is starting to actually look like spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Beth,

    It is good to be able to get on line, here at Amanda's, or on our back up computer. But I am still unable to access from my main computer at home. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

    Hugs Nita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Music is magic for the soul. Music sure has changed, so have we. Have a great day. I am hungry for pie ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hungry for pie too. Either lemon meringue or banana cream with meringue.

      Delete
  6. Oh, I need to take you to see Taylor Swift in person....you would be a fan for life, like me and my son! (and my daughter and my older son's girlfriend and her cousin...lol) Taylor Swift writes all her own songs and music...and she plays the guitar....and fiddle...and she is still so young. She wows the crowd by going out and shaking hands....all the way up in the second level, then walking all the way down and through the crowd on the floor...she LOVES her fans....and she puts on such a wonderful show. She is a true entertainer in the same light as Barbra Mandrell. You should just watch a few of her videos online. Give it a chance. She is truly talented!

    Also Brad Paisley and George Strait and Alan Jackson....they are all great. You would love them if you listened with an open mind....you are missing some great talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like
      Alan Jackson. I have seen him in concert several times, also George Strait. Brad Paisley not so much.

      Delete
    2. I forgot to say that Jackson, Strait and Paisley are all considered classic country now.

      Delete
  7. I so need to get an iPod. I would be the same as you and probably have one song in many versions ... lol.

    Happy Week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love loads of different music too. Even classical and some of the guys like Luciano Pavaroti. Not rap though. The weather is so nice I', keeping fingers crossed it stays that way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is so true.Beth country music is not country music anymore. Like you I love the oldies and thats what I listen to. there is a station here 101.5 that plays all the oldies. Have a good day dear friend. Hugs Pat Stanley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat, I am so glad to see a comment from you! I will never forget lunch with you and your daughter at the Olive Garden in Charleston WV.

      Delete
  10. I am just now beginning to consider an ipod or whatever those tiny music contraptions with the ear plugs are. ;) I want one for meditating and the idea has been niggling at me. May just have one before the year is out. :)

    Hope you had a really nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spring is here, at least for a couple of days before we get another taste of winter cold and then back to spring again. I am so confused!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have sort of left music behind for some reason. I haven't listened much in several years. That wasn't like me and I think I allowed too many other things to interfere until I gradually quit sliding in a CD or turning on a radio in the car. Or listen to CD's there. Strange. I have to reverse that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your choices of good music. Music brings back memories and feelings. I've found special songs for certain times in life. I still enjoy singing in the church choir, and when I'm alone or driving. I'm enjoying your Doris Day right now. Yes, Spring is about to spring, and it can't be too soon. Beach Gal Bertie

    ReplyDelete
  14. YESSS Ma'am! Keep up that potassium level. :-)

    Just had half a banana, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love my iPod - I DID once, by accident, play my songs in alpha order. I enjoyed the experience. When I love a song I love to hear alternate versions. One that has some very different variants is "Woodstock". I think "Blue Christmas", by the way, is one of my favorite Xmas songs. I like some classical, some country (George Jones, yeah!), and a whole lot of classic rock, current alt rock and singer/songwriter type music. Also a bit of Broadway. I just discovered (belatedly) Mary Gauthier and I am crazy about her.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)