It's that time of the year....

It's that time of the year....

Monday, January 21, 2013

R.I.P. Stan Musial…

“Stan Musial, the longtime St. Louis Cardinals baseball Hall of Famer, passed away Saturday at age 92. Stan Musial had a lifetime batting average of .331, including 3,630 hits, 475 home runs and 1,951 runs-batted-in.”   http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Sports/2013/0120/Stan-Musial-remembered-for-hitting-prowess-and-ebullient-personality-video
 
"was a poor boy who struck it rich in many ways through the wonders of baseball.   I learned to hit with a broomstick and a ball of tape and I could always get that bat on the ball."  ~ Stan Musial quote ~
 
 
I think most of you know that I am a big St. Louis Cardinal fan.  Stan Musial was active in the days of my youth.  He was a great favorite of my dad who was one of the world’s greatest baseball fans.  I have this nice thought that maybe daddy is shaking Stan’s hand right now and wishing him God Speed!

*****************************************************

It is bitter cold here this morning with the wind chill at 6 below zero.  I have a doctor appointment this morning and I am not looking forward to going out in the cold to get the car started.
I hope this is a really good week for us all.  Be kind to your fellow man.  Stay safe and be happy!!
Beth

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like he was a great player and man! Hope he is smiling down on us now.

    Stay inside and keep warm!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have lost a baseball great for sure! We are life long St. Louis fans having lived several years in Fairview Heights, IL just east of St. Louis. We learned to love baseball at the old Cardinal's Stadium that I understand has now been replaced. RIP Stan Musial -- one of the great ones! Stay warm on this cold, cold Monday - I won't mention that we will be up in the 70s here in the Phoenix area today ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Stan. he was a great ball player.

    Stay warm, and cozy inside. Even down here we are suppose to have record cold. Went from Record highs last week to record cold this week. Crazy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My late papaw was a HUGE Stan Musial fan. I couldn't help but think of him the other day when I heard the news...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Colder here and we have to go out too. Let's get our tasks done quickly and get back to the warmth of our homes1

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the thought of you dad and Stan Musial shaking hands. It is below zero here too. Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear of his passing. Try to stay WARM!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Beth, Hope you got car started okay and that your appointment went well. Still cold, snowy here

    ReplyDelete
  9. It' supposed to get really cold here tonight. I'll have to dress with an extra layer of clothes tomorrow morning!! : )
    Hope your appointment went well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are having much colder weather then we are...go figure! It's a big 27 degrees here now with high thirties and forties for the week...only one day of wind so I guess I'm thankful as I can be for that...c'mon spring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beth, I remember hearing Stan called Stan the Man. My father used to watch baseball too,and I would watch with him at times. I sure miss those days. Stay safe out there in the cold . Hope your appointment goes well. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope your doctor's appointment went well as well as surviving going out in this weather.
    Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you did not freeze your tush off on the way to the doctor's office. Blessings to you - xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  14. Brrr...it was cold here, too. I was happy I was able to stay in. Hope you bundled up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. We stayed around 24° here most of the day. The colder temps are expected to arrive in the next 2 days. We have new snow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember very well the days of Stan Musial playing baseball! I was sad to hear of his passing.

    Cold here tonight and again tomorrow, even colder tomorrow night! Looks like we are all going to be busy trying to keep warm! xo Nellie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I hope you have a great week ahead too, Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Man alive, you SURE have it far and away worse than we do here. We will be in the teens at night but in the high 20's in the day I think.

    xox

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a nice tribute to a legend. As I write this it is -6* here, with windchills well in the double digits. Think Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have something for you at my blog:
    McGuffy's Reader
    http://www.mcguffysreader.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Since I know bugga all about Baseball I have not heard of this guy.............but I still hope he rests in peace

    ReplyDelete
  22. Stan Musial retired before I started following baseball. I learned about him after I got interested in the game. The Red Sox were nothing to write home about.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments! Because of a lot of spam I am monitoring comments. :-)